We are the Front-end team at Deriv.com. We combine the art of design with programming by
implementing an engaging user interface for our online trading platforms. Advocating for our clients’
needs, we help to develop customer-centric products by providing the best user experience possible.
Founded in 1999, Deriv.com (formerly Binary.com) is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our
customers to trade on the world’s financial markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to
be the world’s leading online trading service provider.
A career at Deriv.com offers you the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s
at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
As a Front-end Developer at Deriv.com, you will take care of our application development with a strong
focus on improving the user experience. You will advocate for clients’ needs when implementing new
products and features on our web applications.
What you’ll do
● Develop and maintain advanced features, tools, and applications according to best practices in UI/UX,
front-end development and hybrid mobile application development.
● Test and debug our ever-evolving product line to improve their speed, scalability, and usability across
multiple browsers, devices, and web standards.
necessary to solve challenges related to web and mobile development.
● Research and test new web technologies and make recommendations on opportunities to improve our
● Ensure the design and development of each product is consistent with our style guide, and that
everything works as planned with each release.
● Provide technical leadership, leading by example throughout the development process.
● Communicate effectively with other team members to understand the big picture of the organisation and
● Collaborate regularly with researchers, designers, and developers on the implementation of new
features and products.
What you have
● Minimum 2 years of experience in the relevant industry/position
● Experience with package managers (npm), task runners (Gulp, Webpack, Grunt), CSS processors
(Sass, Stylus), and APIs (WebSocket)
ES6, TypeScript, Babel, Web Workers, React, and Angular
● Extensive knowledge in advanced coding techniques and cross-platform development
● Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques
● Familiarity with testing and debugging processes, including unit testing and UI testing
● Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms
● Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What’s good to have
● Knowledge of information security and data protection
● Experience in responsive and mobile web design
● Good grasp of user experience and user interface design
● Familiarity in search engine optimisation (SEO)
● Knowledge of back-end technologies
What we’ll give you
● Growth-inducing challenges
● Productive work atmosphere
● Cooperation, support, and empowerment
● Career progression opportunities
● Market-based salary
● Annual performance bonus
● Health benefits
● Casual dress code
● Travel and internet allowances
Any assistance with accommodation/relocation
To be discussed during the interview.
€24,000 – €60,000 Gross
How will the interviews be held
Face to face or online
Malta is a historical archipelago country in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Rich with
beautiful beaches, cathedrals, museums, cafes, and retail outlets, Malta is an ideal location to
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, you must attach your CV in English