We are the Back-end team, the team responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging the
company's server-side apps and databases. In collaboration with the QA team, we investigate and
resolve technical issues. We empower the Front-end team by providing the components and features that
they need. We aspire to delight our customers with a flawless digital experience.
Founded in 1999, Deriv.com (formerly Binary.com) is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our
customers to trade on the world’s financial markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to
be the world’s leading online trading service provider. A career at Deriv.com offers you the opportunity to
make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
As a Back-end Developer at Deriv.com, you will be involved in troubleshooting and improving our backend applications and processes. You will help create a more efficient process and work closely with other
team members to ensure seamless user experience for our clients.
What you’ll do
● Develop and maintain world-class web applications.
● Build, maintain, and optimise the technology that powers our servers, applications, and databases.
● Collaborating with front-end developers and other teams to develop an effective architecture to support
the deployment of new products and features.
● Troubleshoot and debug problems in applications during development and deployment.
● Optimize applications for speed, efficiency and scalability.
● Participate in all aspects of the product life cycle.
What you have
● Expertise in any programming language, preferably Perl, Python, PHP, C/C++, Go, or
Ruby, and a willingness to become highly proficient with Perl
● Minimum 2 years of experience in the relevant industry/position
● Extensive knowledge of information security and data protection
● Expertise in Linux system administration
● Extensive experience with relational database design, and/or open-source RDBMS
systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
● Experience working with microservices and scalable systems
● Ability to produce high-quality, self-documenting code by using test-driven development
● Extensive experience in Linux and other open-source platforms
● Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What we’ll give you
● Growth-inducing challenges
● Productive work atmosphere
● Cooperation, support, and empowerment
● Career progression opportunities
● Market-based salary
● Annual performance bonus
● Health benefits
● Casual dress code
● Travel and internet allowances
Any assistance with accommodation/relocation
To be discussed during the interview
€24,000 – €60,000Gross
How will the interviews be held
On site or through video call
Malta is a historical archipelago country in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Rich with
beautiful beaches, cathedrals, museums, cafes, and retail outlets, Malta is an ideal location to
Any other information
If you wish to apply for this position, you must attach your CV in English